Brooklyn Metal Partnership
The employer-led Metal Works Industry Partnership and Training program provides participants with 175 hours of real-world instruction over a 12-week period. No prior metal work experience is needed, and the program is offered free of charge.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate
- Must have OSHA certification (30)
- Must be able to commit to full 12-week training
- Must be available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
What the program offers:
- Learn to weld and fabricate in actual metal shops in Brooklyn
- Complete metal projects
- Gain F60 and G60 certifications with the opportunity to advance to American Welding Society (AWS) training and have full cost of exam covered
If you are a Brooklyn Metal Shop interested in becoming an employer partner or hiring our graduates, or if you are interested in applying for the program, contact Shenise Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Partnership is conducted in partnership with five organizations that provide training:
New York Community Trust
Bott Welding and Consulting
Total Metal Resource