This position reports to the Chief Policy Officer and is responsible for publicizing and promoting the work of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, its membership and related corporations through a variety of channels, including press, social media and advertising.
The Communications Coordinator is also responsible for assignments from the President & CEO and for Brooklyn Chamber membership and retention work, as all Brooklyn Chamber staff assist with the enrollment and retention of Members.
- Assist with various Communications tasks, including:
- Press releases, media advisories and statements and coordinate efforts with PR firm
- Maintaining Press clips
- Preparing the Brooklyn Buzz (weekly e-newsletter)
- Review and editing of all external publications and flyers
- Monitoring and tracking social media analytics along with recommending strategies for greater impact
- Writing remarks, as needed
- Designing marketing collateral, as needed
- Manage social media communications of the Brooklyn Chamber including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and social media of Explore Brooklyn including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage Brooklyn Chamber website, ibrooklyn.com, and other affiliated properties
- Be accountable for quality control to ensure that all website and social media content is appropriate, correct and functioning properly
- Photography during events; organize and archive Chamber photographs
- Regular staffing of organizational events, which include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Extremely strong written and verbal communications skills. Highly skilled writer/editor
- Knowledge and experience with e-marketing, social media techniques, and web analytics
- Highly organized, with excellent project management skills. Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and consistently deliver high quality results
- Independently motivated but also a true team player
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint
- Graphic design experience preferred, including InDesign and Photoshop
* Salary range: $40,000-$50,000. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
* Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Coordinator.”