In July of 2013, the Governor announced contract awards for the New York State Department of Health's In-Person Assistor/Navigator program, which will serve the state as the primary facilitator of enrollment in health insurance through the newly established Health Benefit Exchange.
The Brooklyn Alliance was awarded the contract to provide these services in Brooklyn to both individuals and small businesses. We are honored to have been chosen to support the state during this landmark time of health insurance reform and implementation.
The Brooklyn Alliance is partnering with the Brooklyn Public Library to facilitate onsite enrollment services in communities all across Brooklyn.
The Brooklyn Alliance has been providing in-person health insurance assistance services in Brooklyn to both small businesses and individuals. Since October 2013, we have seen and enrolled thousands of Brooklynites and other New Yorkers from other boroughs. Our Members have indicated that the second highest barrier to doing business in New York is their inability to provide affordable health care options for their employees. Navigators serve the purpose of clarifying the options that are available to small business and individuals, and how they can reduce their costs with tax credits afforded by the state.
With assistance provided to the Medicaid eligible, Child Health Plus eligible and individuals that do and do not qualify for tax credits, it is evident that any New Yorker could benefit from the Chamber’s role of appropriately navigating and translating the options available through the small business and Individual marketplaces. We look forward to continuing to work with the New York State of Health to boost the enrollment of individuals and small businesses into the New York State of Health Marketplace.
Below is the schedule of sites, including hours of operation and languages spoken:
For assistance in multiple languages (English, Spanish, French Creole, Russian, Mandarin and Cantonese) enrolling in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act and the NY State of Health, call our Navigator Hotline: 718-875-9300 or email NYStateofHealth@brooklynchamber.com
Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- 335 Adams Street, Suite 2700, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Brooklyn Public Library - Mapleton Branch
- 1702 60th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11204
- Brooklyn Public Library - East Flatbush Branch
- 9612 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
- Assembly Member Felix Ortiz's Brooklyn Office - Sunset Park
- 5004 4th Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11220
- Assembly Member Steven Cymbrowtiz's Brooklyn Office - Sheepshead Bay
- 1800 Sheepshead Bay Road, Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Assembly Member Joe Lentol's Brooklyn Office - Greenpoint
- 619 Lorimer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Assembly Member Latrice Walker's Brooklyn Office - Brownsville
- 400 Rockaway Avenue, 2nd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11212 (By Appointment Only)
- Brooklyn Public Library - Flatbush Branch
- 22 Linden Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11226
- Brooklyn Public Library - Kings Highway Branch
- 2115 Ocean Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11229
All visits are by appointment only.