Good Help Services
Now more than ever, business competitiveness and viability rely on a strong, well trained workforce. The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce understands the needs of small businesses and their ability to attract and retain qualified workers.
Good Help is the no-cost employment service of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce. Good Help assists businesses that have immediate needs for entry level and skilled employees by presenting prescreened candidates recruited from a network of over 200 community based job training and placement organizations.
- Saves you time and money by carefully screening, interviewing and assessing potential employees.
- Gives you access to a wide-ranging, diverse labor pool through one central entry point.
- Lists your open position free of charge on Good Helps Job Board, which is posted on all free internet job boards.
- On-the-Job Training Program - Through this initiative, members interested in hiring persons in need of On-The-Job (OJT) training may be eligible to contract with the Chamber for a partial reimbursement of employee wages while training.
- Chamber on the Go - Brings direct employer services to the community.
- The presentation covers all aspects of the interview process, including how to prepare for an interview, what employers look for in a candidate and résumé writing techniques, in addition to providing job search resources.
- Brooklyn Metal Partnership Training Program - The employer-led Metal Works Industry Partnership & Training program provides participants with 175 hours of real-world instruction over a 12-week period. No prior metal work experience is needed. Learn more here.
Through our Good Help Workforce Services, businesses can take an assessment which serves as a way for businesses to see how their practices compare to other businesses in their sector and of their size, and improvements that could benefit workers and the bottom-line.
We invite you to participate to compete in this city-wide campaign and become a certified Best for NYC business!
Vice President, Business Services
718-875-1000 ext. 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org