The In-Person Assistor (IPA)/Navigator Program is administered by the Brooklyn Alliance, Inc., the 501c3 not-for-profit arm of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, under a 62 month contract award by the NYS Department of Health (DOH). The NYS DOH works in tandem with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to implement and facilitate the NYS Health Benefits Exchange ("the Exchange").
IPA/Navigator staff are the primary field staff responsible for the outreach, education and enrollment in Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid, and Child Health Plus through the Exchange. In this role, staff will work out of satellite office locations at select Brooklyn Public Library branches (BPL) and community based organizations as well as our headquarters in an effort to enroll individuals and small businesses in plans that are suitable for them. The IPA/Navigator team will provide unbiased, linguistically accessible information on plans, enroll individuals and small groups in insurance exchange options, and provide ongoing follow up. These positions are the key liaisons between the Brooklyn Alliance, NYS DOH and the public.
Each IPA/Navigator staff member will be fully trained and certified in all aspects relating to health insurance and the exchange enrollment both through state mandated training and in-house training. It is the responsibility of staff to stay current and up to date on any changes regarding the requirements of ACA, the exchange, and enrollment, and will be provided ongoing guidance and coaching.
IPA/Navigator staff will be responsible for a minimum amount of monthly enrollments - ensuring that the public receives health coverage in a timely manner, and will develop ongoing outreach and enrollment mechanisms based on the population in each of the target BPL locations. Teams will partner to develop and fully execute an outreach plan to ensure the widest number of individuals and small businesses are aware of the service and enrolled through the Exchange.
In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO.
- Provide education, information and enrollment assistance to all members of the public on options available for health insurance coverage
- Understand, interpret and communicate insurance information to all potential enrollees based on their medical status, family/group size and income levels
- Utilize New York State's electronic Exchange for enrollment services
- Manage a copious set of information including information on walk-ins, calls, and face-to-face contacts in need of enrollment, whether or not enrolled
- Work collaboratively with staff members of the Brooklyn Alliance and Brooklyn Chamber's public programs to identify areas of opportunity for outreach and enrollment services
- Develop key community relationships in Brooklyn to reach the widest target market possible for enrollment outcomes
- Manage, track and develop all leads developed through outreach and walk-ins
- Collaborate with the IPA/Navigator teams to share information and best practices on outreach and enrollment
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality on program specifications, enrollment information, and sensitive person data of potential enrollees
- All Chamber staff also assists with enrollment and retention of Chamber Members
- Previous sales, customer service, or similar experience required
- Understanding of the Affordable Care Act, health insurance options and insurance enrollment
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.