Join New York State’s largest and #1 ranked Chamber of Commerce. The Membership Coordinator will be an energetic team player with an engaging personality, exceptional customer service abilities, and a true love for Brooklyn. The Coordinator will implement strategic plans to retain existing members and attract new members. The Membership Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Membership, and will also receive assignments from the Vice President of Membership. The Coordinator will also be assigned special projects and tasks by the President and CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Liaise with members, foster positive and lasting relationships with them, retain existing members, attract new members, and collect dues
- Track and maintain membership data
- Provide excellent customer service
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members and related stakeholders with integrity and a high standard of ethics
- Acquire new members, with a focus on underrepresented demographics/industries/neighborhoods within current membership
- Work collaboratively with all Chamber departments to execute membership initiatives
- Collect outstanding membership dues via outreach to members to resolve overdue invoices (45- and 75-day calls and emails)
- Conduct retention calls to increase member awareness and understanding of membership services and benefits
- Monthly email outreach to members up for automatic renewal prior to their credit card charge dates and outreach to members whose credit cards are declined each month to update information and ensure renewal
- Contact members for updated contact information when emails bounce or mail is returned, and update Weblink database
- Approve member calendar event requests, profile changes, and member-to-member discount submissions, and provide related customer support as necessary
- Assist with data review (last renewed, billing discrepancies) prior to each month's billing membership meeting
- Assist with mailings and other departmental operations as needed
- Maintain and build member packets, assist with new member mailouts
- Attend Chamber member events as needed
- Staff Chamber events, which may nclude early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
- Work closely with VP of Membership and Finance Department to ensure Weblink membership database integrity and accurate recordkeeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write a second language is a plus but not required
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package; an EEO employer
Please send resume and cover letter to Sandra Purpura, HR and Administration, at email@example.com with subject line “Membership Coordinator”.