Digital and Community Coordinator, Explore Brooklyn
Join New York State’s largest and #1 ranked Chamber of Commerce with more than 2,000 members and over 40 staff. The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to helping businesses through three channels: promotion, support and advocacy. The Brooklyn Chamber and its nonprofit affiliate, The Brooklyn Alliance, provide direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help local Brooklyn businesses grow.
ExploreBrooklyn.com is the borough’s first go-to website for all things Brooklyn, the complete source for dining, events, shopping, attractions, and more. The site, as well as the larger Explore Brooklyn initiative, was created to foster economic growth by spreading the word to tourists and businesses that Brooklyn is the go-to destination.
The Digital and Community Coordinator will be an energetic team member with an engaging personality, exceptional customer service abilities, and a true love of Brooklyn. He or she must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The ability to speak, read, and write a second language is a plus.
This person has a strong work ethic and high moral standards. The Digital and Community Coordinator will implement strategic plans to retain existing members and attract new members. The Digital and Community Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Brooklyn Tourism and Business Relationships, and will also be assigned special projects and tasks by the President and CEO and the Chief of Staff.
1. EXPLORE BROOKLYN
ExploreBrooklyn.com Website Development and Quality Assurance
- Manage, approve, and create calendar event submissions, business directory listings, and neighborhood pages
- Create original content for Explore Brooklyn based on seasonal events and internal program initiatives
- Supervise part-time blog writers and maintain a constant stream of blog submissions
- Generate innovative ideas for content strategy that explore Brooklyn’s emerging culture, events and characteristic profiles for the site
- Pitch ideas that cultivate new and engaging material
Social Media Management
- Manage Explore Brooklyn’s daily social media communications and engagement, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Curate the weekly newsletter, “Explore Brooklyn Picks”
- Research social media influencers and advocates in the fields of tourism, Brooklyn development, food and entertainment, and engage them via Explore Brooklyn social media platforms and content
- Proactively manage comments across our platforms, answering reader questions, responding to concerns and fostering conversation among our community
- Stay on the pulse of subject matter important to our audience across our platforms and other relevant media
- Use data to better understand what content our readers and viewers are engaged with to leverage monthly traffic goals
- Meet monthly traffic goals across social channels
- Manage and supervise interns for Google’s GoDigital! Program. The GoDigital! team conducts outreach to eligible storefront businesses to provide on-site social media training and get their business presence online.
- Assist in creation of graphic flyers through Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other programs
- Assist in organization and staffing of Brooklyn Chamber events, which include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
- Promote the benefits of Brooklyn Chamber membership to prospective members with a requirement of obtaining at least four new members each year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism and Hospitality, Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of social media landscape and its influencers, personalities, media outlets, etc.
- Broad knowledge of the borough of Brooklyn and its neighborhoods
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or Adobe Suite preferred
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Clicky, SocialFlow and Quantcast preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency in CMS systems such as MailChimp, Active Campaign, Constant Contact and WordPress preferred
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online publishing as well as print production
- Strong conceptual thinking; resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work from offices in Downtown Brooklyn
Commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital and Community Coordinator, Explore Brooklyn.” Links to your Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are welcome.