Project Manager, Explore Brooklyn
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to helping businesses through three channels -- promotion, support and advocacy. The Brooklyn Chamber and its affiliate organization, the Brooklyn Alliance, provides direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help local Brooklyn businesses grow.
ExploreBK.com is the borough’s first go-to website for all things Brooklyn, the complete source for dining, events, shopping, attractions, and more. The site, as well as the larger Explore Brooklyn initiative, was created to foster economic growth by spreading the word to tourists and businesses that Brooklyn is the go-to destination.
The Project Manager of Explore Brooklyn reports to the Director of Brooklyn Tourism & Business Relationships. The positon focuses on distinct areas as outlined below, and works on special projects as directed by the President & CEO.
1. EXPLORE BROOKLYN
Explorebk.com Website Development and Quality Assurance
- Manage, approve, and create calendar event submissions, business directory listings, and neighborhood pages
- Compose original content for Explore Brooklyn based on seasonal events and internal program initiatives, i.e. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, National Tourism Week, Drink Local, etc.
- Supervise part-time blog writers and maintain a constant stream of blog submissions
- Generate new ideas for content strategy that explores Brooklyn’s emerging culture, events and characteristic profiles for the site
- Pitch ideas that cultivate new and engaging material
Social Media Management
- Manage Explore Brooklyn’s daily social media communications and engagement, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Curate the weekly newsletter, “Explore Brooklyn Picks”
- Research social media influencers and advocates in the fields of tourism, Brooklyn development, food and entertainment, and engage them via Explore Brooklyn social media platforms and content
- Proactively manage comments across our platforms, answering reader questions, responding to concerns and fostering conversation among our community
- Stay on the pulse of subject matter important to our audience across our platforms and other relevant media
- Use data to better understand what our readers and viewers are doing and why
- Meet monthly traffic goals across social channels
- Assist in creation of graphic flyers through Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and other programs
- Assist in organization and staffing of Brooklyn Chamber events, which include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
- Promote the benefits of Brooklyn Chamber membership to prospective members with a requirement of obtaining at least 4 new members each year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of social media landscape and its influencers, personalities, media outlets, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and/or Adobe Suite preferred
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Clicky, SocialFlow and Quantcast preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficiency in CMS systems such as MailChimp, Active Campaign, Constant Contact and WordPress preferred
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online publishing as well as print production
- Broad knowledge of the borough of Brooklyn, its local scenes and neighborhoods
- Strong conceptual thinking; resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to work from offices in Downtown Brooklyn
Commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Manager, Explore Brooklyn.” Links to your Blog, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc. are welcome.