Junior Finance Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
FULL TIME POSITION:
The Junior Finance Account Manager at NYC Business Solutions, Brooklyn Center is responsible for serving as a relationship manager and primary point of contact between business customers in need of access to capital and the NYC Business Solutions, Brooklyn Center. Specifically, the Junior Finance Account Manager will be responsible for identifying entrepreneurs in low to moderate income communities who are in need of financing assistance and providing them services that lead to the successful achievement of a loan. The position requires experience with providing direct small business assistance, as well as in-depth knowledge of small business lending, financial analysis and credit analysis. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO and Center Director.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification. In 2015, NYC Business Solutions helped over 8,700 businesses throughout New York City to start, operate, and expand.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of Members that supports and advocates for its Member businesses, and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
The Brooklyn Chamber has over 2,100 members, including local, regional and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Chamber's membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, Member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate and communications.
- Assist businesses in obtaining financing by identifying the appropriate lender(s) for the business’s need and preparing loan packages (developing, gathering and reviewing financial documents, preparing loan applications, reviewing business plans, etc.)
- Assist businesses in preparing and analyzing financial documents required for their loan applications. These documents include profit and loss projections, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Develop relationships with banks, credit unions, alternative lenders, credit building organizations and community development organizations that can provide complementary services to NYC Business Solutions Center customers that need a loan
- Conduct courses in financial management and access to financing in order to better prepare customers to receive services and/or manage their loan
- Participate in financing service working groups with other Financing Account Managers from NYC Business Solutions Centers across the city in order to identify best practices, improve efficiencies and overcome obstacles to achieving outcomes
Marketing and Sales:
- Market NYC Business Solutions and its services to new and existing business customers through direct business outreach activities
- Leverage partners as referral sources for financing customers who require loan packaging assistance
- Acquire a sufficient volume of new customers with a need for NYC Business Solutions Financing services to ensure the center’s quarterly and annual goals can be achieved
- Develop targeted sales strategies to acquire customers in low to moderate income areas with goals for customer acquisition, measure the success of those strategies on an ongoing basis, and adjust course as needed in order to ensure that sales targets are being achieved
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the borough of Brooklyn, including its neighborhoods, business community, and lenders
- Attend evening and morning networking events, panels, and business socials as a means of conducting business development, as needed
- Create and maintain complete records of customer accounts, including detailed content on sales and service delivery activities completed and full profile information for the business customer, in the system’s CRM database
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center’s standards
- Attend trainings and mentoring sessions as provided by NYC Business Solutions in order to enhance financing skills
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, and SBS on an ongoing basis in order to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality financing services
- Extensive experience in small business lending
- Sales experience
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed
- Strong understanding of small business lending policies and practices including developing and reviewing financial statements, loan packaging and loan underwriting
- Understanding of commercial banking regulations, operations and credit practices
- Proven track record in acquiring and retaining business customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City a plus
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence
- Prior experience in a loan underwriting, loan consulting or accounting role a plus
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the areas described above
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Junior Finance Account Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.