Account Manager (Recruitment and Training), NYC Business Solutions
This position reports to the Director, NYC Business Solutions Brooklyn Center, and is charged with expanding and advancing the business services of the NYC Business Solutions Center. Duties include strategic outreach that identifies new clients for the NYC Business Solutions services in recruitment and training. The Account Manager for Recruitment and Training actively recruits small businesses and collaborates with the Workforce 1 Career Center team on fulfillment. The Account Manager will be responsible for achieving specific quarterly goals for the recruitment and training services, and is responsible for marketing the entire suite of NYC Business Solutions programs and services. This position reports directly to the Center Director.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of business support services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification. In 2015, NYC Business Solutions helped over 8,700 businesses throughout New York City to start, operate, and expand.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of members that supports and advocates for its member businesses and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
The Chamber's membership mirrors the diverse Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate and communications.
- Research - Identify and segment small to medium size companies located in Brooklyn, NY with recruitment and training needs within high demand growth sectors and occupations.
- Business Development – Develop and execute a strategy targeting small to mid-sized businesses. This strategy will include but not limited to attending selected business events, cold calling, organizing business-focused events to attract businesses, and connecting with other sources (partnerships) of lead generation.
Relationship Management – Manage relationships with multiple businesses involving regular communications such as conducting phone calls, sending emails, making formal presentations, and facilitating meetings. Understand the needs and wants of small business owners, guiding them with up to date and relevant industry information.
Coordination – Communicate to the fulfillment team complete, accurate, and timely information, more specifically as it relates to recruitment and training objectives.
Reporting- File timely reports, maintain spreadsheets and provide analytical feedback on improving business development strategy.
- Create and maintain complete records of customer accounts, including detailed content on sales and service delivery activities completed and full profile information for the business customer, in the system’s CRM database.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center’s standards.
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, and SBS on an ongoing basis in order to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality recruitment services.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
Strong background in sales and relationship management.
Ability to prioritize tasks, set goals, be disciplined in approaching sales and customer relationships.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Strong analytical skills and experience using data analysis to make strategic decisions
Program and project management experience highly desirable.
Self-motivated and entrepreneurial; can accept direction and provide constructive feedback for the betterment of the team.
High proficiency level in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Bilingual is a plus..
Must be internet savvy.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the areas described above
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Junior Finance Account Manager to: email@example.com
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.