Director, Member Services
This position is charged with organizing all activities of the Member Services Department and is a direct report to the Vice President of Membership. The Director will develop and implement strategic plans to reach member acquisition and retention goals. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification of potential membership prospects. This includes targeting prospects by geographic region, industry and company size.
- Direct the enrollment of new members, with organized outreach to inform and instruct new members on how to best utilize membership services and benefits.
- Member Retention and Engagement
- Intensive focus on member renewals through implementation of consistent retention strategies, including excellent standards of customer service.
- Create a membership environment that invites members to participate in Chamber events, online membership portal activity, member-to-member discounts, targeted outreach campaigns, and other Chamber services and benefits, with the ultimate goal being to maximum membership value.
- Manage and increase membership outreach throughout the year in order to maximize member involvement and experience.
- Assist with fulfillment, helping ensure membership benefits are met.
- Manage current month-to-month billing actions, including mailings and emails.
- Prepare analytical reports showing status of acquisition, retention of members.
- Assist with collection of outstanding membership dues and events-related monies.
- Monitor billing code and related discrepancies; enforce new billing procedures.
- Research and implement alternative methods of billing to increase renewal rates.
- Generate reports in membership database (Weblink) that will list company information, credentials, and billing data; develop strategies to complete profiles.
- Seek out main and current contacts for members to ensure that communications from the Chamber are received.
- Regularly ensure Weblink database integrity, and explore new functions that can increase both interface appearance and member value.
Community and Collaboration:
- Work collaboratively with all Chamber departments to execute programs, services and initiatives in order to better inform and serve the membership base.
- Provide supervision of support staff and conduct team meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members, the business community and related stakeholders; maintain a high standard of ethics.
- Assist with Chamber event staffing, which include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends. Participate in production tasks including event registration, vendor payments, pre- and post-event briefs. Attend Chamber member events as directed.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Director, Member Services”