Director, Foundation Support and Grants Management
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is the sole borough-wide economic development and membership organization and is the largest and #1 ranked Chamber of Commerce in New York State. This position is a direct report to the President and CEO and is charged with identifying and securing support from government, corporate, foundation and other grant sources to support both current programs and new initiatives. The position develops and implements fundraising strategies, both public and private, for Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce programming and that of its economic development affiliates, The Brooklyn Alliance and Brooklyn Alliance Capital (all referred to as Chamber programs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen and expand support for Chamber programs and initiatives by developing, managing and implementing a fundraising strategy for private and public grants.
- Research, cultivate and pursue all applicable grants and Requests for Proposals, and pursue collaborative sponsorships in conjunction with program directors.
- Maintain an up-to-date and relevant donor database and institutional funding calendar and serve as the organization's primary liaison to funding agencies.
- Oversee contract management of Chamber programs, including filing of contractual documents and reports. Work with program staff to ensure compliance with grant guidelines and contractual deliverables. Maintain accurate records on all grant· related activities.
- Execute relevant grants administration, including tracking of financials and report preparation, including timelines and project deliverables in collaboration with program directors. Develop budgets with program directors and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Work with program and executive staff to develop a deep understanding of program content and organizational priorities to develop effective programs that will be attractive to funders.
- Prepare and submit grant applications, including budgetary and financial requirements, to all appropriate funding sources.
- Track proposal and reporting deadlines and departmental performance against goals.
- Manage a prospect portfolio and educate team members on available grants; collaborate with staff to ensure that the Chamber's mission, vision and brand are in line with organizational growth.
- Manage Chamber program performance and impact measurement tracking systems. Prepare regular reports for Board distribution.
- Enroll new Chamber Members and attend relevant Chamber meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytic and communications skills
- Individually motivated but a team player
- Fund raising background preferred
- Knowledge about Brooklyn and a passion for helping businesses thrive a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director, Foundation Support and Grants Management.”