Coordinator, Special Events
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to helping businesses through three channels -- promotion, support and advocacy. The Brooklyn Chamber and its affiliate organization, the Brooklyn Alliance, provides direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help Brooklyn businesses grow. The Events Coordinator is an integral part of the Chamber team, supporting excellence in event production under the direction of the Special Events Director. The positon also works on special projects as directed by the President & CEO.
- Act as the principle liaison between event participants, clients, vendors, and the Brooklyn Chamber financial department:
- Organize and process invoices and receipts
- Process registrations and payments for events
- Assist with post-Event Debriefs and budget reconciliation
- Reach out to members, prospects and sponsors to drive event attendance and revenues
- Assist with event communications including event e-invitations, promotional emails and event collateral
- Assist in vendor and venue sourcing
- Staff events, which will include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
- Provide support in meeting coordination and calendar management
- In addition, each Brooklyn Chamber staff member serves as a membership coordinator, promoting benefits to prospective members, and is expected to recruit and enroll a minimum of 4 new members annually.
- Minimum one year event experience
- Independent problem solver
- Facility with all social networking outlets
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis in Excel
- Conversant in conditional formatting and cross-document references in Excel formulas
- Basic facility with Indesign and Photoshop a plus
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional ability to interact tactfully and enthusiastically with members, sponsors and partners
- Driven individual, understands the satisfaction of well-organized files and documents, takes pride and ownership in excellent work
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Special Events Coordinator.”